For updates on #OnDogs launch events, follow us on…
On Dogs is a book for all those who love to be in the company of dogs and great writers. The authors collected in On Dogs consider the joys and pitfalls of dog ownership with wit and affection. From Miranda Hart arguing that dogs are better than cats to J.R. Ackerley’s tender portrayal of his ill-behaved dog Tulip, On Dogs traces the canine’s extraordinary journey from working animal to pampered pet. In her entertaining introduction, Tracey Ullman recounts tales of her exploits as an inveterate adopter of strays. This joyous book is illustrated with six striking dog portraits by photographer to the stars, Rhian ap Gruffydd.
1. The promoter is Notting Hill Editions, Mirefoot, Burneside, Kendal, Cumbria, England, LA8 9AB.
2. Employees of Notting Hill Editions or anyone connected with the competition shall not be permitted to enter.
3. The prize is open to residents of the UK and Republic of Ireland who are 18+.
4. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
5. The draw is limited to one entry per email address.
6. The draw opens at 09:00 on 09/11/2019 and closes 23:59 on 09/12/2019 (all times GMT).
7. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
8. One winner will be selected from all valid entries.
9. The winner will be chosen by an independent adjudicator appointed by Notting Hill Editions.
10.The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition without notice. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
11. No cash alternative to the prize will be offered. The prize is not transferable.
12. The winner will be notified within 48 hours of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
13. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected or if the prize can be posted.
14. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
17. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing [email protected]
18. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
The Paradoxal Compass, Horatio Morpurgo - Review 31